· You can do this by going to http://192.168.1.254/ from your browser's address bar. This will bring up the router control panel and the firmware version is listed at the bottom of the page - the latest version is 126.96.36.199.83.8.259.1.1 please let us know if you're on a different version.
· My Hub One has firmware .....237.2.2 with 'Last update: unknown'. The router is fairly new (I've had it a couple of months) and I switched it off for a fortnight when I was on holiday in the second half of September, so maybe it's not surprising that it hasn't yet been updated.
My Hub One says: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.2 | Last updated 04/08/17 Surely this is not the latest version. How to I
· Mine is running Plusnet Hub One | Software version 220.127.116.11.83.8.263 | Last updated 27/03/19 . Works fine as long as 5ghz is off otherwise it keeps saying "internet may not be available (yes tried any fixes i can find) Message 5 of 12 (1,365 Views) 0 Thanks Highlighted. Mads. Plusnet Help Team Posts: 1,803. Thanks: 186. Fixes: 78. Registered: 06-08-2018. Re: Hub One Firmware Update …
There are currently all sorts of wireless problems with the Hub One firmware that Plusnet have been trying to fix for over a year. If you go onto Ebay and spend less than £20 you can solve these issues by buying a BT Smarthub 6.
Hello, my firmware did have a 2017 firmware but after restoring a backup config (after a dhcp assignment couldn't be deleted and prevented device connecting ... 😣 .. for another post) a couple of months ago, the firmware date is still on 2016..Plusnet Hub One | Software version 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.2...
The Plusnet Hub One is a re-branded BT HomeHub 5A, which is not a new device, and the Plusnet firmware will have been based on the fairly mature firmware for the BT HomeHub 5A. Message 2 of 206 (17,378 Views) 0 Thanks Highlighted. Chris. Legend Posts: 17,723. Thanks: 598. Fixes: 168. Registered: 05-04-2007. Re: Hub One Firmware Updates Fix 21-05-2016 1:26 PM. Mark as New; Bookmark ...
I’m on the same version - the Hub just updated a bit later. I bought the Smart Hub as an upgrade for the one which comes with Plusnet - a rebranded Home Hub 5. I’ve noticed it hasn’t updated to the latest firmware version - From Keith’s posting, it sounds as if it may not do so on BT’s network.
· You need either a member of staff to give the right people a nudge, or wait until your hub automatically updates. Regarding the latest firmware, some other users are reporting issues. I was one of them. So if possible, it might be worth seeing if they can send the one ending 259 for the time being.
· Why only an interim solution? The Smarthub 6 is superior to a Hub One, which under the ugly case is an old BT Home Hub 5a with tweeked firmware. Don't waste your time with the Hub One. Plusnet is a budget ISP and this is reflected in the hardware that they supply.
Pick your friends, but not to pieces.